Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Liu Xiang

         My heart sunken when Liu Xiang fell, even though, I already knew the news earlier. My eyes moisten when I watched him turned back from the athlete tunnel, hopped all the way to the end of the track on his one leg and kissed the final hurdle in his lane. It was very solemn and stirring moment and I heard the commentator's sob.
        It is very disturbing that so many chinese people have criticized him that he and his team put a great show out there and tried to manipulate 1.3 billion disappointed people.  It always easier pointing fingers at others. I maybe naive, or even  there have some truths to their arguments, is it necessary that treat an athlete so cruel? As an athlete, Liu Xiang did his best! There was nothing he could do. We put too much weight on his shoulders more than he could carry. Winning is important in sports , especially in the Olympics,  but more important is the sportsmanship spirit!


No comments:

Post a Comment