Sunday, July 29, 2012

My Macarons' Journey - Day Four


     Ignoring the pouring rain outside, I decided to make my macarons anyway. I knew a secret weapon to fight the humidity - my air-conditioner.

 Improvements:
1. The filling came out perfectly this time.
2. Tant pour tant formed nice skin after rested almost 2 hours( I was hiding underneath a comfort cover to keep myself warm)
3. They were not burnt this time.
4. The tasting was close to the macarons , no longer tasted like chewy cookies.

The lessons for next time:
1. Use the correct measurements of all ingredients. My maracons were porous might caused by too much eggs.
2. My macarons are still too flat, I think I might have over beaten the meringue.
3. If I place an other baking sheet underneath as this time, I will need to rise the temperature to 310F.

     I feel I am one step closer to the success.

No comments:

Post a Comment