Saturday, July 28, 2012

Palm's Prime Rib

Last night, dear Steve took me out for tasting the famous juicy Palm's Prime Rib steak. I was told that the Prime Rib was not on the Palm's menu, you needed to know about it and had to make the Prime Rib Steak reservation in advance.

After a few hours bowling, Ping-Pong exercising at Lucky strike. I was so ready for munching the steaks.

I guess, Steve wanted to see my reaction. He did not tell me anything besides his promise of how tender and juicy it would be.  So, as a routine, I ordered a salad and french fries as side dish. I love french fries with steaks!

Finished our salad, my stomach was almost full. Steve told me that the man sitting the table next to us was having the prime rib. The man was huge 6.4 F tall, heavy. He was close to finish his plate. In the soft lighting, I saw his plate was full of the blood.

"Am I going to eat so rare steak?" I could not help having some doubts.

Finally, our steaks landed on our table. OMG! I could not believe what I saw. They were massive. I hadn't seen such huge portion size of a dish for one person until then. One dish was enough for two or three people, and we ordered two. The people who sitting next to us busted out laughing. They were very curious to see how a cute and slim Asian girl was going to finish the massive Prime Rib. I was a little bit embarrassed.

I have to say that its less polished appearance was not the picture I had imagined. For the sake of its massive size, I took the picture.

Cut into the steak, put a small piece of it into my mouth. Yummy, the meat melted in my mouth, so tender and juicy. The steak was very simple in taste yet very authentic and not at all greasy or heavy


" That is what I want to see, the expression of your first bit! Isn't it great?" Oh, sweet Steve, Thank you for being so thoughtful! 


At the end, none of us finished our dishes. There was no doubt that we got every bit of the money's worth and more, even though, I have no idea how much they charge for it. It was just too big.  I could not able to touch the french fries at all. Steve shouldn't have encouraged me to order the side dish, since he knew the massive size of it. I guess, he was being generous. The manager came out, made a joke out of it" Do you know the restaurant police ? You can not leave until you finish your dishes." What a lovely night! 


Today, I cooked my lunch with the left over steak. I stir fried the red pepper, shiitake mushroom and the sliced steaks. No oil, salt added. It tasted great. I will have steaks 3 days in a raw. Then I will go back to my healthy diet without thinking about steaks for a while.


No comments:

Post a Comment